#1 - behindthestory
Each month we've decided to share a little bit more about the world of Little Elephants #behindthestory - showcasing how our products are made (or photographed!), what materials we use and why, and a little bit more about the process of writing and illustration.
Today's #behindthestory is all about our "For better... or for rain." personalised print. As you can see, we've a really high-tech photo lab... not! 📸 It's actually the window bay of an attic in a very old blanket mill in Witney - but more of that another time. The backdrop is tongue and groove board (painted by my daughter) plus reclaimed sanded old boards.
It struck me recently how many different materials and processes go into every one of our personalised gifts. None of this has come together by chance - nor overnight! It's taken a while to ensure that every part of our final product lives up to the high quality that we aspire to. This goes right down to the acid free tape that holds your print in place (so it doesn't come unstuck) whilst not leaching nasty chemicals and discolouration into your print in the years to come.
All this might not be cheap and yes, it might take time. But I think that if we are all about making memories that will last, then taking the time to create something special and of quality is the right place for the story to begin. What's #behindyourstory? Do let us know...
Equipment & Materials
1. Camera: Huawei Mate 20 lite
2. Lighting: CN T96 LED Photo Light Kit
3. Print: printed on Permajet Museum Heritage 310gsm with @canonuk Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 using LUCIA PRO pigment inks
4. Mounts & frames (external dimensions 225mm x 225mm): Prints are mounted on conservation acid free board and backing. Framed prints are mounted and framed in a white solid FSC wood frame, with safety styrene glazing, from @framemakersgalleries in England.
5. Greetings Cards: Printed in England by @windlesgroup on FSC certified paper.
6. Gift Box & Wrapping Paper: @imagopublishing.
7. Gift Tags: Printed in the UK by @solopress on 100% uncoated recycled paper using eco-friendly inks.
8. Baker's Twine: Made from natural cotton yarn in the UK by @bbtwine Beautiful Baker’s Twine, a family run business who have been manufacturing strings and twines in Lancashire since 1856.